Your first day of 1st



Call me sentimental, call me silly... but weren't you just a little, tiny baby? Wasn't it just yesterday that you laid in my arms, fitting perfectly while you slept? And wasn't it just last week that you were learning to crawl across your bedroom floor? Where does the time go? -I know it couldn't of been that long ago that you couldn't reach the bathroom sink without my help....
And now look at you, my sweet big boy- you're starting first grade. How can you be this much bigger already?
As I said before, where did the time go?! It feels that only a short time ago you were my baby and you were still learning to talk and walk.... Sometimes and some days its so hard to see you as my big guy-- but hey, I am working on it.

I know I'm sappy and I hang on you just a moment to long as I kiss you before your class walks in-- but I also aware that soon there will be a time that I won't get those kisses at school at all anymore.
I see you go into your classroom and I'm full of loving pride and yet, there is this complete sadness. I want to hold onto you and keep you with me always.... but I can't... I have to start to be as brave as you are.... and let go just a tiny bit. I'm trying, everyday I try.... but its hard and I feel this overprotective streak come out. But I'm workin on it honey...
What helps me is our walk every morning to and from school, those moments are totally joyful and so beautiful for your ol' syrupy mom. You are my heart walking right out of my chest-- so I can't help but feel pain there when you aren't right next to me.... but everyday, baby... I am workin on it....

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts